Job Category: Finance
Location: Danbury, CT
Title: Staff Accountant
About Global Jet:
Global Jet Capital is a financial services company providing financing solutions for the private aircraft market. The business is capitalized by world-class private investors with expertise in the global aviation industry: FS/KKR Advisor, LLC, a partnership between FS Investments and KKR Credit, The Carlyle Group and AE Industrial Partners. We offer a management team with expertise in financing, asset management, acquisition, marketing, lease administration and product support that understands the intricacies of the private aircraft market. Global Jet Capital serves virtually all jurisdictions and has the capital and expertise to meet the needs of the global private aircraft market.
We are looking for an accounting professional with 1- 4 years of experience to fill this position in the Company's Danbury, CT location. Reporting to the Accounting Manager and working closely with the Corporate Controller, the Staff Accountant will be a key member of Global Jet Capital's Accounting Team:
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of charter flight revenues and expenses, fixed assets, and other short-term assets and liabilities.
- Prepare ledger to sub-ledger reconciliations for accounts payable and fixed assets.
- Responsible for timely and accurate recording of intercompany accounting in the general ledger.
- Responsible for reviewing the allocation of cash receipts from customers.
- Assist in the administering of Concur expense reporting for employees.
- Prepare manual and system journal entries as needed.
- Work closely with operations to ensure proper accounting for loans and leases based on newly originated deals, loan payoffs or lease terminations.
- Assists with the coordination of the year end audit process including interfacing with external auditors and preparation of supporting documentation and schedules.
- Maintains effective accounting policies and procedures.
- Provides accounting expertise and financial support to other business units as required.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 1-4 years of accounting experience
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus
- Prior experience in financial services or leasing industry a plus.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate on a one to one basis, as well as in larger meetings.
- Strong analytical ability; must be able to analyze financial data.
- Team player, effective interpersonal skills, ability to manage multiple priorities.