Job Category: Operations
Location: Danbury, CT
Title: Aircraft Transaction Closing Analyst
About Global Jet:
Global Jet Capital is a financial services company providing financing solutions for the private aircraft market. The business is capitalized by world-class private investors with expertise in the global aviation industry: GSO Capital Partners, a Blackstone company, in partnership with Franklin Square Capital Partners, The Carlyle Group and AE Industrial Partners. We offer a management team with expertise in financing, asset management, acquisition, marketing, lease administration and product support that understands the intricacies of the private aircraft market. Global Jet Capital serves virtually all jurisdictions and has the capital and expertise to meet the needs of the global private aircraft market.
Manage all operational aspects of the funding and closing of domestic and international corporate aircraft leases and loans.
Responsibilities of the Aircraft Transaction Closing Analyst include:
New Transaction Closings and Portfolio Modifications:
- Interfacing with all key parties in accordance with the transaction closing checklist, including customers, internal functions, vendors, internal and external legal counsel, escrow agents, banks and credit facility lenders.
- Generate accurate documents assigned specifically to this role as part of the transaction closing checklist (i.e. FAA documentation, bills of sale, etc.).
- Provide required information to the Legal function to support the generation of transaction documentation. Assist with completion of specific Operational duties (i.e. insurance).
- Secure the Company’s collateral position in accordance with standard operating procedures (including FAA, International Registry and UCC perfection).
- Operational review of completed documentation and conditions precedent prior to funding. Receive signoff from Credit to confirm that all approval conditions have been appropriately addressed.
- Ensure Operations preparedness for closing, including setup of wire transfers.
- Receive negotiated aircraft sale agreements and prepare ancillary documents for the sale of aircraft from the Company’s inventory. Drive the conclusion of sale process by gathering all required items and coordinating the closing with all involved parties.
- For lease terminations, liaise with Asset Management to ensure all customer return conditions have been met, proper and accurate documentation has been completed and is in place and required funds have been collected.
Transaction Booking and Post-Close Activities:
- For new transactions and portfolio modifications, ensure timely and accurate customer and transaction setup in the Company’s operating system. Process lease terminations involving return of aircraft and inventory sales in the Company’s operating system.
- Conduct various post-close activities such as perfection filings, fulfillment of conditions subsequent and satisfaction of stipulated lender standards (i.e. proper storage of chattel paper originals).
- Prepare and send (i) transaction files to Credit/Legal for final sign-off, (ii) original signed documents to the storage and retention facility in accordance with records management policy and (iii) as applicable, send chattel paper originals to the security trustee in accordance with the credit facility requirements.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent with at least three (3) years’ experience in the leasing/financial services industry and a general knowledge of Accounting.
- Working knowledge of lease and loan products and documentation, insurance, lien perfection and tax implications related to leases.
- Detail oriented with the ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task and follow-up in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to determine deal requirements and manage issues via quick resolution.
- Ability to influence and gain commitment of the deal team and customer to achieve deal timelines.
- High-level of customer service experience.
- Familiarity with corporate aircraft leases/loans.
- Customer service oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under strict time frame to meet internal and external customer expectations
- Ability to quickly adapt and embrace new processes, ideas and technology
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and implement solutions
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Able to use skills and knowledge to take on “out of the box” tasks and challenges
- Proven ability to get the job done, work as a team player and maintain a positive attitude
- Excellent work ethic with a high energy level, motivation enthusiasm and ambition
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint