Analyst, Collections and Cash Application
Location: Global Jet Capital (Danbury, CT)
About Global Jet Capital
Business Aviation Simplified. Ultimately, business aviation is an exercise in simplicity. The fastest way to get from here to there. No complications. No delays. Simple. We understand that. That’s why we work tirelessly to understand our customers’ needs and then provide the most straight-forward and highly responsive process in the industry, along with flexible financing solutions designed to get our customers into their aircraft and ready to fly.
At Global Jet Capital we accomplish this by caring for and collaborating with our colleagues and customers. With flexibility, creativity and innovation we never settle for anything less than the best experience for our customers and approach every opportunity with resourcefulness, ability, confidence and courage.
Responsible for cash application, collections, and account resolution with customers of delinquent and distressed accounts. Provides payment arrangements, customer service and assistance in resolving customer complaints.
- Generate delinquency reports, initiate collection calls to customers and research and resolve past due accounts
- Facilitate weekly delinquency meetings with functional peers and provide real time updates
- Collaborate with Portfolio Management Team to resolve delinquent and distressed accounts
- Apply customer payments to their accounts in a timely manner
- Invoice various sundries accounts
- Generate, review and reconcile cash reports on a daily and monthly basis
- Compile customer payment metrics reporting for the Senior Leadership Team
- Resolve customer complaints and research account and payment discrepancies
- Handle ad hoc requests
- BS/BA degree with at least 3 years of experience in performing collections-related responsibilities or experience in collections, leasing or financial services.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task and follow-up in a fast-paced environment.
- Judgment to quickly identify and escalate overdue payments indicative of potential cash flow issues.
- Strong communication skills with ability to present to peers and managers and defend collection strategy.
- Possesses conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be willing to work from the Danbury, CT Global Jet Capital office.
- Unrestricted work authorization for the United States.
- Working knowledge of lease and loan products and documentation preferred.
- Functions with a high level of autonomy in identifying and resolving issues
- Ability to quickly adapt and embrace new processes, ideas and technology
- Critical thinking and strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under strict time frames
- Work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
- Reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed, and fulfills obligations.