Associate, Valuations (Danbury, CT)
Location: Global Jet Capital Danbury, CT Office preferred
About Global Jet
Business Aviation Simplified. Ultimately, business aviation is an exercise in simplicity. The fastest way to get from here to there. No complications. No delays. Simple. We understand that. That’s why we work tirelessly to understand our customers’ needs and then provide the most straight-forward and highly responsive process in the industry, along with flexible financing solutions designed to get our customers into their aircraft and ready to fly.
At Global Jet Capital we accomplish this by caring for and collaborating with our colleagues and customers. With flexibility, creativity and innovation we never settle for anything less than the best experience for our customers and approach every opportunity with resourcefulness, ability, confidence and courage.
This role reports to the Director of Valuations and is responsible for providing current and future residual aircraft values in a timely manner to enable the sales process.
- Assist in the monitoring and collection of market data.
- Calculate accurate, market-based aircraft values for all new origination transactions and portfolio aircraft in a timely manner.
- Provide market intelligence reports and ad-hoc information to inform management and company investment committee of emerging trends, opportunities, and threats.
- Leverage industry relationships to collect up-to-date market data and position Global Jet Capital to take advantage of market trends.
- Refine and implement valuation practices and methodologies to ensure accurate aircraft valuations.
- Other analyses and reviews as required and other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of experience in financial services, engineering, analytics and/ or aviation.
- Systems proficiency: Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint; high proficiency in MS Excel; experience with MS Access or other database programs;
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Able to conduct research, formulate data-driven opinions and communicate them effectively
- Willing to travel less than 10% of the time.
- Unrestricted work authorization for the United States.
- Aviation enthusiast, genuinely interested in business jet aviation and proactively staying on top of emerging trends and technologies.
- Equipment valuations experience. ASA accreditation a plus.
- Critical thinking and communication to ensure focus on the most important issues.
- Creative and able to identify opportunities for productivity and scalability.
- Collaboration skills: Working effectively in cross functional team environment.
- Dependability: Reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed, and fulfilling obligations.
- Prioritization skills: Balances workload and prioritizes effectively to make sure broader goals are met.
- Resilient and accountable
- Well-developed communication skills: Clearly articulates viewpoint verbally and in writing, fostering confidence when sharing/ presenting information.