Job Category: Operations
Location: Danbury, CT
Title: Contracts Manager
About Global Jet:
Business Aviation Simplified. Ultimately, business aviation is an exercise in simplicity. The fastest way to get from here to there. No complications. No delays. Simple. We understand that. That’s why we work tirelessly to understand our customers’ needs and then provide the most straight-forward and highly responsive process in the industry, along with flexible financing solutions designed to get our customers into their aircraft and ready to fly.
At Global Jet Capital we accomplish this by caring for and collaborating with our colleagues and customers. With flexibility, creativity and innovation we never settle for anything less than the best experience for our customers and approach every opportunity with resourcefulness, ability, confidence and courage.
Assist Transaction Attorneys in documenting, negotiating and closing domestic and international corporate aircraft leases and loans.
Responsibilities of the Contracts Manager include:
New Transaction Closings and Portfolio Modifications:
- Prepare initial drafts of leases, loan agreements, annexes, documentation closing checklists and related documents not assigned to others (e.g., Transaction Coordinators) in the closing process.
- Assist in negotiation and finalization of all deal documentation with the Transaction Attorney.
- Assemble documentation and information required by Global Jet Capital’s credit facility lenders.
- Interface with all key parties, including customers, internal functions, vendors, internal and external legal counsel, escrow agents, banks and credit facility lenders.
- Review of completed documentation and conditions precedent prior to funding.
- Confirm internal preparedness for closing.
- Assist in negotiation of aircraft sale agreements and review ancillary documents for the sale of aircraft from the Company’s inventory.
- Prepare lease abstracts for leases approaching maturity.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent with at least three (3) years’ experience as a contracts professional in the leasing/financial services industry.
- Working knowledge of lease and loan products and documentation, insurance, lien perfection and tax implications related to leases.
- Detail oriented with the ability to organize, prioritize, multi-task and follow-up in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to determine deal requirements and manage issues via quick resolution.
- Ability to influence and gain commitment of the deal team and customer to achieve deal timelines.
- Customer service oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work under strict time-frames to meet internal and external customer expectations
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and implement solutions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint