Job Category: Credit
Location: Danbury, CT
Title: Portfolio Analyst/Senior Portfolio Analyst
About Global Jet:
Business Aviation Simplified. Ultimately, business aviation is an exercise in simplicity. The fastest way to get from here to there. No complications. No delays. Simple. We understand that. That’s why we work tirelessly to understand our customers’ needs and then provide the most straight-forward and highly responsive process in the industry, along with flexible financing solutions designed to get our customers into their aircraft and ready to fly.
At Global Jet Capital we accomplish this by caring for and collaborating with our colleagues and customers. With flexibility, creativity and innovation we never settle for anything less than the best experience for our customers and approach every opportunity with resourcefulness, ability, confidence and courage.
Protect the portfolio of leases and loans by evaluating the soundness of credit and collateral positions, escalating emerging issues within the organization, and recommending solutions to mitigate risks. Ensure completion of critical portfolio routines such as annual reviews and the underwriting of credit modifications. Together with portfolio team leader, own effective proactive identification of problem deals so that loss mitigation strategies can be put in place and work with other members of portfolio team to drive key processes such as portfolio quality reviews and credit watch list.
- Monitor covenant/contract compliance
- Underwrite account modifications including extensions, amendments, additional assets, etc.
- Respond to customer requests
- Ensure effective hand-off and on-boarding of new transactions into portfolio management process & manage assigned accounts
- Maintain forward calendar of annual reviews, and other reporting deliverables; work with peers and Genpact support team to make sure workstreams are effectively maintained
- Drive effective AML/KYC monitoring, quickly elevating potential money laundering and reputational risks
- Monitor external environment, including developments in industries and jurisdictions that could meaningfully impact GJC’s exposure
- Work on cross-functional project teams and provide guidance on key portfolio management issues
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree with 3-10 years of experience in commercial lending or accounting. Experience must include financial statement analysis, interpreting financial performance, and risk management. Position level depends upon applicant’s experience level.
- Credit analysis experience: Strong understanding of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow analysis. Experience underwriting new transactions or modifications to existing transactions.
- Systems proficiency: Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Willing to work from office in Danbury, CT.
- Unrestricted work authorization for the United States.
- Domain expertise in corporate aircraft lease/loan portfolios.
- Underwriting experience with Commercial & Industrial collateral.
- Critical thinking and communication to ensure focus on the most important issues.
- Creative and able to identify opportunities for productivity and scalability.
- Articulate and able to clearly communicate account modification approvals and account reviews.
- Collaboration skills: Working effectively in cross functional team environment.
- Dependability: Reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed, and fulfilling obligations.
- Prioritization skills: Balances workload and prioritizes effectively to make sure broader goals are met.
- Resilient and accountable: Overcomes adversity by owning up to mistakes, addressing and learning from them.
- Well-developed communication skills: Clearly articulates view point verbally and in writing, fostering confidence when sharing/ presenting information.