Location: Danbury, CT
Title: Global Tax Director
About Global Jet:
Business Aviation Simplified. Ultimately, business aviation is an exercise in simplicity. The fastest way to get from here to there. No complications. No delays. Simple. We understand that. That’s why we work tirelessly to understand our customers’ needs and then provide the most straight-forward and highly responsive process in the industry, along with flexible financing solutions designed to get our customers into their aircraft and ready to fly.
At Global Jet Capital we accomplish this by caring for and collaborating with our colleagues and customers. With flexibility, creativity and innovation we never settle for anything less than the best experience for our customers and approach every opportunity with resourcefulness, ability, confidence and courage.
The Global Tax Director will lead the global tax strategy for the company including the global strategy with consideration for a growing international presence that requires jurisdictional analysis, understanding international structuring and compliance and partnering with third party tax advisors.
Ownership of overall tax function including domestic and international tax strategy and processes.
- Provide tax leadership on all company-related and commercial tax matters.
- Lead team responsible for tax returns for domestic corporate, partnerships, trusts and foreign corporate income tax returns prepared by third party service providers.
- Identify and develop streamlined partnerships and processes with key external vendors. Manage all external tax counterparties and service providers.
- Strategic thinking around complex transaction structures.
- Ensure understanding and implications of Federal, State & Local tax developments.
- Proactively identify all international tax requirements and ensure compliance.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience with international and domestic tax.
- Experience managing external vendors and advisors.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Willing to work from office in Danbury, CT.
- Permanent work authorization for the United States.
- Certified Public Account (CPA) or LLM in Taxation.
- Experience with or as part of Financial Services organizations.
- Commercial orientation and ability to partner well with key stakeholders.
- Experience leading a team of tax professionals.