Job Category: Marketing
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Title: Market Development Associate
About Global Jet:
Business Aviation Simplified. Ultimately, business aviation is an exercise in simplicity. The fastest way to get from here to there. No complications. No delays. Simple. We understand that. That’s why we work tirelessly to understand our customers’ needs and then provide the most straight-forward and highly responsive process in the industry, along with flexible financing solutions designed to get our customers into their aircraft and ready to fly.
At Global Jet Capital we accomplish this by caring for and collaborating with our colleagues and customers. With flexibility, creativity and innovation we never settle for anything less than the best experience for our customers and approach every opportunity with resourcefulness, ability, confidence and courage.
In partnership with the Sales Director(s), the Market Development Associate is responsible for planning, developing and executing a regional strategy to grow the sales pipeline through the development of qualified leads.
This should include but is not necessarily limited to; data management and research, prospecting and general marketing support.
Reporting to the Manager, Market Development, this role partners directly with regional Sales Director(s) in a matrixed management environment to deliver high quality results in alignment with GJC Company Values.
Data Management & Research:
- Researching and loading Target Market (TM) accounts into SFDC (Customers / Prospects / Channel Partners)
- Actively looking for ways to make meaningful connections with Accounts
- Maintaining account accuracy over time
- Use existing industry databases (JetNet / Amstat) to research potential opportunities and develop weekly market change reports
- Develop strong knowledge of regional installed base of aircraft, key customers, prospects, and channel partners (OEMs, brokers, dealers, management companies and aviation advisors)
- Develop strong knowledge of key events that draw customers, prospects, channel partners and key influencers -Trade shows, sponsorships, speaking opportunities, etc.
- Address ad hoc account research requests
- Inbound lead management (website and 800#)
- Develop and execute a prospecting strategy and rhythm for delegated Accounts including calling outreach, email marketing and personal outreach and networking or event opportunities.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns – Reactive based on market activity and proactive based on planned campaigns
- Initiate and support the development of local brand building and prospecting events including regional and national industry events, partnerships and key influencer events.
- Relationship building to build and manage relationships with channel partners including but not limited to OEMs, brokers, dealers, management companies and aviation advisors.
General Marketing Support:
- In partnership with the Director of Marketing and the Director of Sales & Marketing Effectiveness, provide general local marketing support (as required) including event management, broad brand building campaigns and promotional material development.
- Ad Hoc support for Regional Sales Director(s) including research, meeting presentations, event coverage, indicative pricing runs and request for proposal participation.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in Marketing and / or Sales in Business Aviation and / or Financial Services
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral); able to communicate effectively via phone
- Quantitative skills – understanding data, technology and ability to problem solve
- Must be willing to participate in company-sponsored training in Danbury, CT
- Must be willing to travel for training and/or industry events (3-5 times per quarter)
- Digital media skills and experience
- Database management expertise
- Knowledge of sales and marketing principles and strategies especially campaign management
- Lead development skills
- Prospect qualification skills
- Previous B2B outbound lead generation
- com or equivalent data loader import, export, update experience
- Lead automation platform configuration experience
- Highly self-motivated
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Possess a genuine willingness to learn, be intuitive and resourceful and be coachable
- Possess an upbeat, positive and enthusiastic attitude