Job Category: Accounting
Location: Mexico City, Mexico
Title: Senior Accountant
About Global Jet:
Business Aviation Simplified. Ultimately, business aviation is an exercise in simplicity. The fastest way to get from here to there. No complications. No delays. Simple. We understand that. That’s why we work tirelessly to understand our customers’ needs and then provide the most straight-forward and highly responsive process in the industry, along with flexible financing solutions designed to get our customers into their aircraft and ready to fly.
At Global Jet Capital we accomplish this by caring for and collaborating with our colleagues and customers. With flexibility, creativity and innovation we never settle for anything less than the best experience for our customers and approach every opportunity with resourcefulness, ability, confidence and courage.
Residing in Mexico City, the Senior Accountant will be a key member of Global Jet Capital’s Accounting Team.
- Responsible for the monthly reconciliation of Mexican operations including vendor expenses and customer collections
- Calculate and record cash pooling and intercompany notes and interest
- Record journal entries for Mexican operations
- Prepare U.S. GAAP to Mexican stat reconciliations
- Coordinate monthly VAT filings
- Coordinate monthly estimated income tax payments
- Coordinate monthly informative returns
- Meet with SAT and applicable local authorities, as required
- Work closely with US tax department on calculation of VAT
- Assist in the administering of Concur expense reporting for Mexican employees
- Work closely with operations to ensure proper accounting for loans and leases based on newly originated deals, loan payoffs or lease terminations
- Assist with the coordination of audits, as required
- Coordinate data collection for local banks, as required
- Maintain effective accounting policies and procedures
- Provides accounting expertise and financial support, as required
- Support HR to complete payroll tax and withholdings remittances on a monthly basis, including work with local vendors as applicable
- Support employee benefits transactions as needed.
- Produce other pay and leave related communications, such as holiday leave for each calendar year
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- At least 5 years of experience in general accounting, treasury and taxes functions.
- Strong analytical ability; must be able to analyze financial data.
- A general understanding of the mechanics of VAT
- Work in the company offices in Mexico City; legally able to live and work in Mexico.
- Prior experience in financial services or leasing industry.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate on a one to one basis, as well as in larger meetings.
- Team player, effective interpersonal skills, ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX.