Senior Tax Analyst (Danbury, CT)
Location: Global Jet Capital Danbury, CT Office
About Global Jet
Business Aviation Simplified. Ultimately, business aviation is an exercise in simplicity. The fastest way to get from here to there. No complications. No delays. Simple. We understand that. That’s why we work tirelessly to understand our customers’ needs and then provide the most straight-forward and highly responsive process in the industry, along with flexible financing solutions designed to get our customers into their aircraft and ready to fly.
At Global Jet Capital we accomplish this by caring for and collaborating with our colleagues and customers. With flexibility, creativity and innovation we never settle for anything less than the best experience for our customers and approach every opportunity with resourcefulness, ability, confidence and courage.
Reporting to the Director of Tax and working closely with the GJC Accounting and Tax teams, the Senior Analyst, Tax will be a key Global Jet Capital Finance Group team member.
Account & Tax Workpaper:
- Collaborate with experienced Operations, Finance, and Tax teams to enhance integrity of key tax data inputs reflected in internal operations and accounting systems (e.g., LeaseWave, Asset Register), and to facilitate timely, efficient, and accurate tax compliance processes.
- Assist with development of streamlined reports summarizing key data, including taxable vs. exempt rental receipts, operating/finance lease classifications, lessor affiliate/lease modifications, aircraft location changes, applicable sales tax rates, intercompany accounts, and capitalization of new & “child” assets.
- Prepare monthly tax account reconciliation schedules as part of accounting acct rec cycle.
- Provide mentored backup coverage for varied accounting and tax functions, including journal entries, GAAP account maintenance, and tax research regarding domestic & international aviation leasing deals.
- Support special collaborative projects involving Operation, Accounting, and Tax teams.
Indirect Tax Compliance:
- Compile relevant accounting/financial data and related documentation, and prepare workpapers supporting GJC’s timely compliance with sales/use tax, VAT, GST and other domestic and foreign indirect tax matters (GJC affiliates file approximately 150 quarterly indirect tax filings, most of which relate to leased aircraft).
- Perform initial review of indirect tax returns and payment schedules prepared by third-party service firm.
- Monitor nexus, track indirect tax notices, and assist with timely resolution to minimize GJC penalty risk.
- Proactively identify, address, and resolve GJC indirect tax process matters, including state tax registrations, exemption certificate maintenance, and refund tracking/internal coordination with GJC Accounts Payable.
- Prepare monthly indirect tax reconciliation schedules verifying taxable and exempt receipts.
Direct Tax Compliance Support:
- Compile relevant data and prepare workpapers regarding fixed assets (e.g., IRS Form 4562) to support GJC’s annual income tax compliance, quarterly tax provision, and annual property tax compliance processes.
- Assist with tracking GJC estimated tax payments, extension filings, tax notices and preparation of GJC responses to audit inquiries.
- Participate in periodic calls with external advisors including Big 4 tax compliance and consulting firms.
Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field.
- Two+ years of indirect tax and/or accounting/audit experience with Big 4 or Mid-Tier firm.
- Systems proficiency: Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly. Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (e.g., VPN Lookup, Pivot tables).
- Willing to work from office in Danbury, CT.
- Unrestricted work authorization for the United States.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Effective team player, able to work with people of all levels.
- High level of self-initiative, with strong integrity and ethics.
- Organized, detail oriented, with strong time management skills.
- Baseline knowledge of Dynamics and/or Odessa platforms.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills reflecting competencies needed to interface with management.
- Demonstrated ability to implement process improvements collaboratively and efficiently.
- Enthusiastic interest in learning new technical skills, including tax research and analysis.