Job Category: Accounting
Location: Danbury, CT
Title: Senior Tax Analyst
About Global Jet:
Business Aviation Simplified. Ultimately, business aviation is an exercise in simplicity. The fastest way to get from here to there. No complications. No delays. Simple. We understand that. That’s why we work tirelessly to understand our customers’ needs and then provide the most straight-forward and highly responsive process in the industry, along with flexible financing solutions designed to get our customers into their aircraft and ready to fly.
At Global Jet Capital we accomplish this by caring for and collaborating with our colleagues and customers. With flexibility, creativity and innovation we never settle for anything less than the best experience for our customers and approach every opportunity with resourcefulness, ability, confidence and courage.
We are currently looking for a Senior Tax Analyst to be an integral and key member of a growing company. The Senior Tax Analyst will be responsible for assisting the tax department with a complicated tax compliance function. The right individual must be eager to learn and take on new challenges every day. The ideal candidate must also demonstrate high integrity and have the ability to work independently. This is a great opportunity for someone who is excited to own processes, build long lasting relationships, and play a lead role in building a tax compliance function.
- Assist outside tax advisors in the preparation of various federal, state and non-US tax forms
- Prepare the US tax provisions, working closely with the Tax Manager
- Understand and apply accounting and tax concepts to assigned projects
- Coordinate all aspects of the non-US tax compliance, such as the preparation tax return work papers, perform initial review of tax returns prepared by tax advisors, processing tax payments and respond to audit inquiries
- Initiate and oversee the data gathering process for our compliance provider, with the help of the Tax Manager
- Maintain proper documentation for all tax return filings, payments and audits
- Complying with accounting month close processes (tax account reconciliations)
- Respond to state notices
- Coordinate and prepare miscellaneous tax compliance (1042, FBAR, informational reporting, W9, SS4)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- 3-4 years of relevant tax experience
- Ability to research and interpret various tax law and regulations, including international, federal and state tax law
- Ability to analyze and review statutes, regulations, and case law, as well as extract data, and make appropriate recommendations
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- Ability to champion and implement process improvements
- Detail oriented
- Organized and able to adhere to due dates, work under tight deadlines, handle multiple tasks concurrently, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Ability to successfully interact and collaborate across the organization
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Big 4 and in-house experience preferred