Staff Accountant (Danbury, CT)
Location: Global Jet Capital Danbury, CT Office
About Global Jet
Business Aviation Simplified. Ultimately, business aviation is an exercise in simplicity. The fastest way to get from here to there. No complications. No delays. Simple. We understand that. That’s why we work tirelessly to understand our customers’ needs and then provide the most straight-forward and highly responsive process in the industry, along with flexible financing solutions designed to get our customers into their aircraft and ready to fly.
At Global Jet Capital we accomplish this by caring for and collaborating with our colleagues and customers. With flexibility, creativity and innovation we never settle for anything less than the best experience for our customers and approach every opportunity with resourcefulness, ability, confidence and courage.
We are looking for an accounting professional with 1- 4 years of experience to fill this position in the Company’s Danbury, CT location. Reporting to the Accounting Manager and working closely with the Corporate Controller, the Staff Accountant will be a key member of Global Jet Capital’s Accounting Team:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for manual journal entries and sub-ledger to ledger account reconciliations as a crucial part of the monthly and quarterly closing process.
- Responsible for timely and accurate recording of intercompany accounting in the general ledger.
- Responsible for reviewing activity and reconciling multiple bank accounts.
- Administrator of Concur expense reporting for employees.
- Prepare manual and system journal entries as needed.
- Work closely with operations to ensure proper accounting for loans and leases based on newly originated deals, loan payoffs or lease terminations.
- Run month end closing processes in sub-ledger to close the period and open the next.
- Lead process improvement projects to simplify, streamline or automate accounting tasks.
- Work with Accounts Payable function and Treasury to process payments to customers and vendors.
- Assists with the coordination of the year end audit process including interfacing with external auditors and preparation of supporting documentation and schedules.
- Maintain effective accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide accounting expertise and financial support to other business units as required.
Skills and Capabilities:
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 1-4 years of accounting experience
- Knowledge of USGAAP
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX a plus
- Prior experience in financial services or leasing industry a plus.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate on a one to one basis, as well as in larger meetings.
- Strong analytical ability; must be able to analyze financial data.
- Team player, effective interpersonal skills, ability to manage multiple priorities.