Location: Danbury, CT
Title: Tax Manager- Tax Provision and Compliance
About Global Jet:
Business Aviation Simplified. Ultimately, business aviation is an exercise in simplicity. The fastest way to get from here to there. No complications. No delays. Simple. We understand that. That’s why we work tirelessly to understand our customers’ needs and then provide the most straight-forward and highly responsive process in the industry, along with flexible financing solutions designed to get our customers into their aircraft and ready to fly.
At Global Jet Capital we accomplish this by caring for and collaborating with our colleagues and customers. With flexibility, creativity and innovation we never settle for anything less than the best experience for our customers and approach every opportunity with resourcefulness, ability, confidence and courage.
We are currently looking for a Tax Manager to be an integral and key member of a growing company. The Tax Manager will be responsible for managing a complicated tax compliance and tax accounting function, in addition to managing relationships with third party service providers. The right individual must be excited to handle multiple competing priorities and initiatives and be able to adapt in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate must also demonstrate high integrity and ability to work independently. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be challenged, build long lasting relationships, and play a lead role in building a tax compliance and provision function. This role reports directly to the Global Head of Taxation and includes opportunities for 1:1 contact with CFO and other senior leadership members. While compliance and provision focused, this role presents an opportunity to advance in tax planning, research, and deal related work.
- Lead contact for overall tax compliance function; Manage and Review tax returns for domestic corporate, partnerships, trusts and foreign corporate income tax returns prepared by third party service providers.
- Review supporting work papers, trial balances, book and tax entries, and data for accuracy, reasonableness, and completeness.
- Co-manage IRS audits and responses to taxing authority inquiries
- Participate in other cross-functional projects.
- Leverage and collaborate with external tax advisors.
- Preparation of tax provisions under ASC 740, including the tax footnote disclosure.
- Conduct return vs. provision reconciliation.
- Collaborate with the accounting team.
- Regular monitoring of Federal, State & Local tax developments. Conduct impact analysis, make appropriate recommendations to changes, communicate with key stakeholders and update work papers to reflect changes.
- Manage budgets, billings, and engagement letters with external advisors.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Accounting.
- 4-6+ years of recent current experience with tax compliance and tax accounting for corporate and flow through entities in public accounting and private companies.
- Organized and able to adhere to due dates, work under tight deadlines, handle multiple tasks concurrently, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Able to discuss and communicate at a synthesized level and deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to identify issues, compare data, investigate, and resolve discrepancies.
- Willing to work from office in Danbury, CT.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- Self-starter with strong work ethic.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Opportunity to expand into tax planning and deal-related tax services.