Job Category: Finance
Location: Danbury, CT
Title: Tax Manager
About Global Jet:
Global Jet Capital is a financial services company providing financing solutions for the private aircraft market. The business is capitalized by world-class private investors with expertise in the global aviation industry: GSO Capital Partners, a Blackstone company, in partnership with Franklin Square Capital Partners, The Carlyle Group and AE Industrial Partners. We offer a management team with expertise in financing, asset management, acquisition, marketing, lease administration and product support that understands the intricacies of the private aircraft market. Global Jet Capital serves virtually all jurisdictions and has the capital and expertise to meet the needs of the global private aircraft market.
We are currently looking for a Tax Manager to be an integral and key member of a growing company. The Tax Manager will be responsible for owning and managing a complicated tax compliance function in addition to managing the relationships with third party service providers. The right individual must be excited to handle multiple competing priorities and initiatives and be able to adapt in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate must also demonstrate high integrity and ability to work independently. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to be challenged, build long lasting relationships, and play a lead role in building a tax compliance function.
- Ownership of overall tax compliance function; Manage and Review tax returns for domestic corporate, partnerships, trusts and foreign corporate income tax returns prepared by third party service providers.
- Review supporting work papers, trial balances, book and tax entries, and data for accuracy, reasonableness, and completeness.
- Establishing workflow and timelines as they relate to tax compliance matters.
- Establish tax calendar to monitor and track upcoming tax compliance obligations.
- Manage tax audits and responses to taxing authority inquiries and notices.
- Lead or participate in other cross-functional projects.
- Leverage and collaborate with external tax advisors.
- Manage the preparation of tax provisions under ASC 740, including preparation of the tax footnote disclosure.
- Conduct return vs. provision reconciliation.
- Maintain FIN48 reserves based on internal analysis in accordance with tax laws and regulations.
- Consult and advise key internal stakeholders such as the Accounting team, on tax accounting matters.
- Provide timely business support and analysis on tax components of transactions.
- Regular monitoring of Federal, State & Local tax developments. Conduct impact analysis, make appropriate recommendations to changes, communicate with key stakeholders and update work papers to reflect changes.
- Manage budgets, billings, and engagement letters with external advisors.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- 6 plus years of recent current experience with tax compliance, related research, and planning for corporate and flow through entities in public accounting and private companies.
- Organized and able to adhere to due dates, work under tight deadlines, handle multiple tasks concurrently, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Detail oriented.
- Able to discuss and communicate at a synthesized level and deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to identify issues, compare data, investigate, and resolve discrepancies.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic.
- Able to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.