Job Category: Operations
Location: Danbury, CT
Title: Portfolio Analyst
About Global Jet:
Business Aviation Simplified. Ultimately, business aviation is an exercise in simplicity. The fastest way to get from here to there. No complications. No delays. Simple. We understand that. That’s why we work tirelessly to understand our customers’ needs and then provide the most straight-forward and highly responsive process in the industry, along with flexible financing solutions designed to get our customers into their aircraft and ready to fly.
At Global Jet Capital we accomplish this by caring for and collaborating with our colleagues and customers. With flexibility, creativity and innovation we never settle for anything less than the best experience for our customers and approach every opportunity with resourcefulness, ability, confidence and courage.
Provide effective monitoring and oversight of assigned portfolio transactions. Ensure completion of critical portfolio routines such as annual reviews and related AML/KYC routines and underwriting credit modifications. Together with portfolio team leader, own effective proactive identification of problem deals so that loss mitigation strategies can be put in place and work with other members of portfolio team to drive key processes such as portfolio quality reviews and credit watch list.
- Ensure effective hand-off and on-boarding of new transactions into portfolio management process & manage assigned accounts
- Underwrite individual account modifications including extensions, amendments, additional assets, etc.
- Maintain forward calendar of annual reviews, and other reporting deliverables; work with peers and Genpact support team to make sure workstreams are effectively maintained
- Ensure timely collection of credit information and rapid escalation of emerging issues to other stakeholders (including Workout)
- Drive effective AML/KYC monitoring, quickly elevating potential money laundering and reputational risks
- Monitor external environment, including developments in industries and jurisdictions that could meaningfully impact GJC’s exposure
- Work on cross-functional project teams and provide guidance on key portfolio management issues
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5-8 years of experience in finance, accounting or banking industries including financial analysis, preparing financial information and interpreting financial performance.
- Credit analysis experience: Strong understanding of income statement, balance sheet and cash flow analysis.
- Systems proficiency: Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Willing to work from office in Danbury, CT.
- Willing to travel XX%.
- Domain expertise in corporate aircraft lease/loan portfolios.
- Critical thinking and communication to ensure focus on the most important issues.
- Creative and able to identify opportunities for productivity and scalability.
- Articulate and able to clearly communicate account modification approvals and account reviews.
- Collaboration skills: Working effectively in cross functional team environment. Dependability: Reliable, responsible, dedicated, committed, and fulfilling obligations.
- Prioritization skills: Balances workload and prioritizes effectively to make sure broader goals are met.
- Resilient and accountable; Overcomes adversity by owning up to mistakes, addressing and learning from them.
- Well-developed communication skills: Clearly articulates view point verbally and in writing, fostering confidence when sharing/ presenting information.